Dark purple colour will stain. Dilute to 8 parts or as required before use. Use either warm or cool water to make the solution. Then use the solution as follows:
- Bath: Fill the tub with the solution and use for bathing.
- Compress: Wet strips of cotton or gauze in the solution slightly. Wrap the strips around the affected areas. Keep the strips in place for 10 minutes. If they dry out, add more solution.
- Soak: Fill a bathtub or a basin with enough solution to soak the affected areas. Soak for about 10 minutes.
- Wash: Dip cotton or gauze in the solution and use it to wash the affected areas.
Dab dry after use. It is not necessary to rinse off with clean water.
- For external use only.
- Do not make the solution too concentrated as it will irritate and burn the skin.
- Potassium permanganate may stain the skin, nails and light clothing a brown colour. To remove fresh stains from the skin, rub over with a damp tablet of vitamin C.
- Keep out of reach of children.